Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's a Slow Start

The last two weeks have marked a period of transition.  I've joined the real world again after sinking into the social abyss during the pajama-clad holiday break.  Getting back to work, back to dishes, laundry, and meal-planning nearly backed me over the cliff of forgetting to do anything regarding this project.  Happily, I found time to start my coming out into the local community of support around Alzheimer's and setting myself up to start getting involved.  And I've already got a number of things on my plate!

Things on my calendar:

In two weeks I'll be going to a volunteer orientation meeting for the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.

I've registered to participate in the Walk To End Alzheimer's Event in Cambridge, MA in September.  I set an initial donation goal of $500.00 and will start plugging that donation opportunity within the next couple of weeks.  I'd love to find some other people to walk with me (Mom & Aunt Cindy - want to come to Boston in September and walk 6 miles with me?) http://alzwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=456588&supid=319550266

In February, I'll be attending the Alzheimer's Action Day Event at the Massachusetts State House, and hope to find many other ways to get involved.

-----------

Hopefully these events will start giving me more experiences to write about and feed the creative process of starting to develop the project.  The fact that I'm remembering to take the first baby steps towards making things happen is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment